Agenda from 1/7/2016:
Woodland Parent Teacher Organization
A G E N D A
*Welcome (Cristina Albunio)
*Principal’s Report – (Mrs. Schiltz)
*Treasurer’s Report (Lora Davis/Kelly Dutton)
*Dave & Buster’s Game Cards (Jade Mertell, $535 final)
*Pizza Hut Dining Night (Jade Mertell)
Family Rollerskating Night (January 29, Jacki Charette)
Reading Incentive Program (February, Maureen
*Zebb’s Pancake Fundraiser (February 7, Mary Beebe)
*Family Fun Night (February 5, 12, or 26 Tammy Ciotti)
*Chocolate Pizza Fundraiser (February-March, Stephanie Day/Lora Davis/Jade Mertell)
*Family Dining Night at Denny’s (March, Meghan Thomas)
*Facebook Page (Stacy Mehlek)
*Pride Shirts (Tammy Hughes)
*Family Holiday Fun Night (Kelly Dutton)
AGENDa for 9/24/2015 Metting:
Welcome (Cristina Albunio)
Principal’s Report (Mr. Vasiloff)
Treasurer’s Report (Lora Davis)
Last year’s final report
Proposed 2014/15 budget
Target Take Charge (Cristina Albunio)
Box Tops (Stacy Mehlek)
Save Around Books (Lora Davis, needs volunteers)
Moe’s Night (Jenessa Purchiaroni)
School Pictures (Oct 1&2, Nov 12, Stephanie Day, needs volunteers)
Fun Run (Tammy Hughes)
Winter Wear Exchange (October 21, 3:00-7:00 Cristina Albunio/Tammy Ciotti, needs volunteers)
Halloween Bingo (Oct 30, 6:30, Vicki Quonce, needs volunteers)
Fall Book Fair (Oct 29-Nov 6, Stephanie Day, needs volunteers)
Pride Shirts (November, Tammy Hughes)
School volunteers needed (Mrs. Moriarty, Ms. Fahey & Mrs. Chizzonite)
Back to School Picnic (Cristina Albunio
Lowe’s Courtyard (Jenessa Purchiaroni/Colleen McCawley)
Meeting Minutes 9/24/2015 meeting:
· Cristina welcomed everyone; Back to school Picnic was a success.
· Cristina introduced Debbie Kolod from the Board of Education. She is our liaison to the District Office. If we need to contact her we can do so through MaryBeth in Dr. Desiato’s office. She will attend as many of our PTO meetings as she can. Stated she was impressed with our Learning Fair last spring. Also, mentioned the ESM Education Foundation is in need of additional volunteers in many capacities, contact her or anyone on the board for more details. Debbie mentioned that the ESM Ed. Found. Has grant money available for school projects that are educational and promote learning. The grant paperwork dead line is 10/16.
· Cristina gave the update that 9/25 was Mr. Vasiloff’s last day and that Mary Schiltz would be starting at WE on 9/28. A meeting was scheduled for Thursday 10/1 anyone from PTO was welcome to join.
· Lora Davis gave the Treasurer’s update. See attached report.
· Ms. Fahy updated that Woodmart will be opening Mid-October. She will need support from Lora for expenses/budgeting. Kids will maintain the bills by using excel to fulfill a class requirement. Woodmart is open Wednesday and Friday mornings.
· Cristina motioned to approve the budget. Approved by all.
· Reminder of Target Take Charge fundraising. Reminder to sign up for school incentives on line or in store
· Box Tops will be handled by Stacy Mehlek, last year’s Box Top total was $1200.00
· Save Around Books end 9/22, get orders and $$ to Lora Davis
· Moe’s new date 10/15 flyer to come
· School pictures scheduled and shared with staff. Reminders to go home
· Tammy Hughes shared information about Fun Runs. This will take place during gym classes. Sponsor your child per number of laps completed. Flyers will go home prior to the event. Proceeds to benefit the PTO
· Tammy Ciotti to chair the Winter Wear Exchange. Starts in October. Volunteers needed for the day of the event. Time slots of 1 pm to 3 pm and 3pm to 7 pm.
· Mrs. Chizzonite in need of gently used back packs.
· Pride shirts being sized and ordered for delivery in November
· Ms. Fahy mentioned the need for volunteers during lunch times. Contact Ms. Fahy or Mrs. Chizzonite for details. Time frame approx. 10:15 to 12:30.