ESM encourages all students to read throughout the year.
Stop by any one of the Onondaga Public Libraries or visit them online for assistance.
New York State provides a comprehensive list of titles appropriate for each grade level to assist you.
- Select a book of interest to you.
- Don't read it if you don't like it.
- Read for fun, enjoyment and information.
- Keep a list of all the books you read.
- Join or form a book club.
- Get a public library card.
- Participate in the NYS Summer Reading Program available at the public library
- Read aloud with your parents or a friend.
- Become an author! Write stories over the summer and share them!
- Write and direct your own play.
- Enjoy and have fun reading!
We encourage participation in the NY State Summer Reading Program (http://www.summerreadingnys.org/)